Finger Exercise warm up
This is a finger exercise that will challenge you and perhaps add a new component to your musical vocabulary. Its a fairly straight forward structure, despite the name, almost chromatic in nature. So the simple animation provided below will give a good sense of how it is to go. It can be played anywhere on the fret board. The animation suggests the low end of the fret board. So begin by working up the neck
- 1st finger 1st fret E string (F note)
- 2nd finger 2nd fret A string (B note)
- 3rd finger 3rd fret E string (G note)
- 4th finger 4th fret A string (C# note)
- 4th finger 4th fret E string (G# note)
- 3rd finger 3rd fret A string (C note)
- 2nd finger 2nd fret E string (F# note)
- 1st finger 1st fret A string (A# note) from here begin the pattern anew next note on the D string
- 2nd finger 2nd fret D string (E note)
- and so on across the fret board.
Depending on where on the fret board you try this, find corresponding chords to play along with it.